DISPLAY SINGLE VALUE

Emily yi_zhou01 at YAHOO.CA
Thu Oct 15 23:01:57 EDT 2009

Hi Piotr,

Try this script that I found from Grads20 a2.3, it may help you.
============
*  Plots a string using current attributes
*  at "clicked on" position.  String can be provided
*  as an argument or will be prompted for
*
function string (args)
  if (args='')
    say 'Enter string:'
    pull args
  endif
  say 'Click where you want the string'
  'query bpos'
  x = subwrd(result,3)
  y = subwrd(result,4)
  'draw string 'x' 'y' 'args
=============================

Emily
--- On Thu, 10/15/09, Piotr Djaków <pdjakow at GMAIL.COM> wrote:

From: Piotr Djaków <pdjakow at GMAIL.COM>
Subject: Re: DISPLAY SINGLE VALUE
To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

2009/10/15 Ruben G. C <rubensinho at gmail.com>

Hi, the gxout grid command is useless for my purpose because it just give to me the value in the grid point coordinate. If I want the value for a point that is, let's say, to the right or to the left  or between two grids points How can I deploy this single value on a map?

Set Lat,Lon to specific value ie.

'set lat 51'
'set lon 17'

then