Installing grads-2.0.a7.1

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Sun Nov 15 12:02:09 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 4:06 AM, I Ketut Swardika Swardika <
swardika at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear openGrADS user
>
> I trying to setup grads-2.0.a7.oga.3-bundle-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.tar.gz
> on RHEL 4 x86_64bit.
> After copy some share library from libs folder to gex folder, opengrads
> would not start, just close without error.
> Am I miss something?. I plan to setup tiny data center and publish is it
> correct to use php interface is easy way, is there any example for it's
> implementation?. Thank you.

Please send questions like this to gradsusr. Do not write directly to me.
For one, other people may have already experienced this problem and found a
solution.

Make sure you only copied to gex/ those .so that were missing. Do not copy
the ones that you do not need. I'll need more detailed information about
your system in order to debug this. Can you tell me which .so you copied?
Can you send me the output of

% uname -a
% gcc --version
% g++ --version
% ldd Contents/Linux/Versions/2.0.a7.oga.3/x86_64/grads

Anybody out there running grads-2.0.a7.oga.3 under RHEL 4 x86_64bit?

Also, you can try the i686 linux binaries, they generally work under x86_64.
You probably get slightly better performance with the x86_64 binaries, but
the i686 binaries work quite well.

How comfortable are you building software?

  Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu