Grads for Windows version 2 installation problems

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 13 13:27:55 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Jennifer Adams <jma at cola.iges.org> wrote:

> [...]
Well, this mounting/unmounting only takes place if there is no cygwin
installed and it was introduced for a good reason. Without it you will have
problems with the "!" shell-escape command when cygwin is not installed, and
"/tmp" may not be found which may cause opendap to misbehave.  Have you
tested your binaries on a machine without a cygwin installation?

Your point is well taken, for a production environment the superpack is a
bit of an overkill, although I am not sure it has any major performance
drawback. This is the reason why I also include a bin and gex tarballs for
those users having a cygwin installation already. The superpack is intended
for those who do not want to bother with it.

      Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu