Shading

Andrew Revering andy at F5DATA.COM
Wed Nov 11 12:03:56 EST 2009

In this example:

http://portal.nccs.nasa.gov/cgi-d520_fp/geos5_wx.cgi

The number of shade levels is 'a lot'. So you get this look of something
very fluid, and hard to see one color to the next.

I tried to set cint to 1 in my map, and it does not seem to be contouring
every 1 degree.

Is this a limitation due to the number of defined colors (16) ? and when its
set to 1 there are too many levels and not enough colors?

Or is there something else I need to do so that I'm able to contour at a
very frequent interval?

Is there a way to have the default colors just circulate automatically. IE,
when you go through all the colors have it just start over again, or is this
done by default?

Andy