Lats4d problem

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 7 21:27:21 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 6:41 PM, Hao He <hhe at atmos.umd.edu> wrote:

>  Hi,
>  I want to convert GRIB data to either netCDF or HDF format. Attached are
> my
>  GRIB data .ctl file. In gradshdf, I tried:
>  lats4d -i 08.....ctl -format coards, but the code fails. Does anyone have
> the
>  experience with this topic? Thanks!
>
>  GrADS version: 1.9
>  Lats4d version: 1.9.4
>  warning: duplicate grib name: grib -1

In grads 1.9 there was a bug that prevented you to use lats4d twice in a row
without exiting grads and restarting; the error message you are getting are
typical of this problem. For this reason, it was more practical to use the
lats4d.sh shell script. (Earlier on this script was simply called "lats4d",
without the .sh extension.)

  Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva