how to write a ASCII file by GrADS

Shawn Delaney sd19surf at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 6 07:51:16 EST 2009

Hao,

I use this line and it writes to a text file.

var = write('<filename>','<text>')

Below is an example w/variables mixed in.
icao = user input
fhght = calculated from model over user selected time

res = write (icao'_MEF.txt','Lowest Freezing Level:' fhght'FT')

Hope this helps you,

Shawn Delaney
expweather.com