R: R: Manage lat-lon thinned grid

Wesley Ebisuzaki Wesley.Ebisuzaki at NOAA.GOV
Wed Nov 4 09:36:28 EST 2009

Diego,

I am running on a linux box and had no problem.

> -sh-3.00$ grib2ctl.pl -verf
> LFPW00190347.20090718153354_P4410PT779A_BPMG12.100964.b >junk.ctl
> -sh-3.00$ gribmap2 -i junk.ctl : I renamed gribmap version 2 as gribmap2
> grib1map: opening GRIB file:
> LFPW00190347.20090718153354_P4410PT779A_BPMG12.100964.b
> grib1map: reached end of files
> grib1map: writing the map...

versions:
grib2ctl.pl 0.9.12.5p45
wgrib v1.8.0.13e
gribmap 2.0.a3a

> missing end section
>
> 37 37 30 30
This suggests a problem with your input grib file. You may have
downloaded the
file as a text rather than a binary file.

Yours,
Wesley