how to calculate the difference between the two latitudes

Davide Sacchetti davide.sacchetti at ARPAL.ORG
Tue Nov 3 07:59:31 EST 2009

the best solution would be to create a function (in a different
language) doing this, anyway:

suppose your variable is named "stream" and suppose you are interested
to a latitude interval of 40N - 60N
if you want to see latitude where stream is positive:
  d maskout(lat,stream)
if you want to see at which inferior latitude stream becomes positive:
  d min(maskout(lat,stream),lat=40,lat=60))
if you want to have the la difference (sup-inf) where stream = 0:
  display
max(maskout(lat,stream),lat=40,lat=60))-min(maskout(lat,stream),lat=40,lat=60))

Hoping it could help ...
bye bye
Davide

--
Sacchetti Davide
Centro Funzionale Meteo Idrologico di Protezione Civile della Regione Liguria