Mike Fiorino's clhilo UDF - H and L plotted on maps for GRADS 2.0 ?

Kevin M Levey klevey at CUSTOMWEATHER.COM
Thu May 28 19:02:32 EDT 2009

THU 28MAY09: 1540PDT

Hi All

The only item still standing in the way of using GRADS 2.0 100% is the
lack of UDFs. Arlindo da Silva's opengrads has made great strides in
incorporating many of the previously very useful UDFs used in GRads
versions before 2.0.

One of these is Mike Fiorino's clhilo UDF package that plots actual H
and L letters on maps. Has any progress been made to include this in
the opengrads version of 2.0?

I know Mike has issued libmf.gex (http://opengrads.org/doc/udxt/
libmf/) for version 2.0 opengrads, however, I don't see how it can be
used to plot actual H an L on GRADS plots?

Any news on this would be greatly appreciated. We'd like to totally
migrate to GRADS 2.0 but this is our last issue.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Kevin M Levey, MSc in Oceans and Atmospheric Sciences (University of
Cape Town)
Director of Meteorological Operations
CustomWeather, Inc.
San Francisco, California, USA