GUI window updates on Linux

Adam Carheden carheden at CIRA.COLOSTATE.EDU
Thu May 7 10:51:03 EDT 2009

Does anyone know how to compile grads to update the GUI window properly
under Linux?

Try this:
- Display something
- Cover the GUI window with another window
- Move the other window off the GUI window. The place where the other window
was on the GrADS GUI window is now black.
- Type return in the command line window. The GUI Window now updates.

This occurs for me using Grads 1.9 and 2.0a, both the binary distributions
and executables I compile myself, and it occurs on SuSE 9.3, Gentoo 2008.0,
and RHEL client 5.3.

However, a friend of mine says he used to use GrADS on Solaris and the
window updated correctly. (i.e. the GUI window updated when the other window
moved away instead of waiting until you press return in the command line
window.)

Does anyone have this working correctly under Linux. Any idea how to compile
it to work as expected?

Thanks