Grid points

Ivan Toman ivtoman at INET.HR
Tue Mar 24 13:55:02 EDT 2009

Arlindo da Silva wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 1:40 PM, hersala <hersala at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Grads users:
>> I´m using fprintf.gs to obtain ascii data from a plotted region. Does
>> anybody know how to recognize in this output which grid points (nodes)
>> corresponds to the obtained values ?
>>

> GrADS stores its gridded data columwise as in Fortran.  The easiest
> way to find out the longitude/latitude of each point is to save the
> lat/lon intrinsic variables to a text file:
>
> ga-> open model
> ga-> fprintf ts ts.txt
> ga-> fprintf lat lat.txt
> ga-> fprintf lon lon.txt
>
>     Arlindo

Hello Arlindo and others,

What if I want to print time values to file?

For example if I fix lat, lon and set t as varying...

ga-> open model
ga-> set lat 40
ga-> set lon 25
ga-> set t 1 61
ga-> fprintf ts ts.txt
ga-> fprintf t t.txt

that last line does not work... In fact, it will be ideal if I could
export to file t.txt something like 06Z24MAR2009 07Z24MAR2009
08Z24MAR2009 and so on, that is, corresponding times from t=1 to t=61...

Thanks,
Ivan