printim problem

Stephen R McMillan smcmillan at PLANALYTICS.COM
Mon Mar 23 12:45:22 EDT 2009

I have not tried this with version 2 specifically, but the following
example produces a valid overlay on background image using version
1.9.0-rc1:

ga-> printim c:/temp/image.png x960 y720 -b c:/bkgimage.png -t 0

I'm using v1.9.0-rc1 (obtained through opengrads/sourceforge) on a Windows
XP platform

Good luck--
Stephen Mc

Karagiannidis Sakis <thankar at GEO.AUTH.GR>
Sent by: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
03/23/2009 11:28 AM
Please respond to
GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
cc

Subject
Re: printim problem

Thanx. It seems however that the GrADS version 2 for windows has some
problems. In fact i can not make it work neither in native windows, nor
with an x-server. To be more specific It seems that it can not connect to
the x-sevrer. Maybe I should wait for a next release of version 2.

Thanx for everything.

Athanasios F. Karagiannidis
Physicist, MSc Meteorology and Climatology
Department of Meteorology and Climatology
School of Geology - A.U.Th.
E-mail: thankar at geo.auth.gr

Stephen R McMillan wrote: To my knowledge, the background and transparency
options do not work with version 1.8.  Try upgrading to one of the
available more recent versions.  Stephen McMillan

Karagiannidis Sakis <thankar at GEO.AUTH.GR>
Sent by: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

03/21/2009 12:25 PM
Please respond to
GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
cc

Subject
printim problem

Dear GrADS users.
I' m trying to use "printim" to create an image with background. For
example, to illustrate the vorticity field over a background of topography
created with makebg.gs. The problem is that "printim" does not work
properly with the desired arguments. Whenever i use an expresion analogous
to "printim image.gif -b mybkg.png -t 0" (as stated in
http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gadocindex.html) i get the message
"PRINTIM error:  Invalid option; ignored".
However, whenever i use the experesion "printim image.gif gif x800 y600" i
works perfectly.
Can anyone help me with this problem?
I'm using GrADS 1.8 (native windows or with x-server) with windows xp
operating system.

Thanx in advance.

E-mail: thankar at geo.auth.gr

use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary. If you are not the intended
recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you
immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.