Logic error 8 in gxshad

Sestak, Michael L CIV 63134 michael.l.sestak at NAVY.MIL
Mon Mar 23 11:08:36 EDT 2009

Could you provide more information, especially the version number of grads that you are using and the control file (or whether grib or netcdf or some other kind of data file).  The only thing I can guess is that maybe you have too many contour levels for the program to handle.  Try setting cint so you only have something like 10 or fewer contour levels.

Michael Sestak
Fleet Numerical Meteorology and Oceanography Center
Monterey, CA

From: Monica Ionita
Sent: Sun 3/22/2009 13:23
To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
Subject: Logic error 8 in gxshad

Dear all,

I keep bumping into this error message when I try to use the "set gxout"
function:

*Logic error 8 in gxshad
Error in gxshad*

I have read all the posts made before about this error and as far as I
understood this might be due to some undefined values in the data set.
Since I know for sure that I have no undefined values in my data, does
anyone have any idea how to get rid of this error message and how to be
able to plot the map I need in shaded form?

I have to say that if I use the _*line contour*_ the plot is made and
looks more than perfect, but unfortunately I need it in shaded form.

Any help is appreciated.

My best regards,
Monica Ionita