Moisture transport and moisture divergence

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 9 12:02:48 EDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 5:59 AM, Arlindo Meque <mequitomz at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> DearGrADS users,
>
> I want to calculate moisture transport and moisture divergence from the NCEP 6h reanalysis data. Is there any function to do that?  Can someone share his/her script?

I don't have anything for doing this automatically but there are
several useful extensions in libbjt

http://opengrads.org/doc/udxt/libbjt/

for doing this, in particular vint2() and madvu(), madvv(). The trick
part is to make sure you take proper account of the surface pressure
in your vertical integration, and vint2() does that for you.

   Arlindo

PS: You need a build of grads with the opengrads extensions enabled,
in particualr the latest v2.0.a5.oga.3.

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu