about the window grads1.9 superpack Xming

John 2004 john2004y at NUIST.EDU.CN
Thu Mar 5 22:21:10 EST 2009

Hi everyone
   I have install grads1.9-rc1 superpack, and when I use command line to
start, it will autostart the Xming server, it used to work excellently.
And then I also install cygwin in my windows xp (which I can use another
softwate NCL). Now the NCL work well, but when I start grads use command
line, the Xming does not start, I think it conflicts with the environment
variable which set in cygwin or NCL(use common /usr dir?), so how can I
configure the Xming or grads that I can use the grads and ncl ,both.
   Ps: If I start the Xming.exe and set the GADDIR to the environment
variable, the grads will also work.
   John Lu