GrADS v2.0.a5.oga.3 for Windows available,

Mark Sponsler msponsler at COMCAST.NET
Thu Mar 5 13:09:21 EST 2009

Arlindo,

I just wanted to exp ress my deepest appreciation for all the great work you have been doing on GrADS.  I'm still back on version 1.9 of Grads on Windows, but it works very well.  Especially the re() extension.  It was so much easier to use  versus all the effort to get regrid2 installed in 1.8. And the shp_lines  extensions are wonderful too. Portability is a major plus , being able to run it from a flash drive or copy to a PC without having to actually touch the registry .  Trasparent colors have opened a whole host of new possibilities .  And the transistion from 1.8 to 1.9 is seemless.

Anyway - I just wanted to let you know your efforts are greatly appre ciated. You've done a great job for the GrADS commu nity and we all owe you a heart y 'Th ank you'!

Thanks,
Mark

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arlindo da Silva" <dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU>
To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
Sent: Thursday, March 5, 2009 5:54:38 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: GrADS v2.0.a5.oga.3 for Windows available,

All,

  I have updloaded the OpenGrADS Superpack for Windows based on COLA
GrADS v2.0.a5. You read more about it here:

               http://opengrads.org/doc/win32-v2/

 You can download it from sourceforge:

     http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=161773&package_id=290254&release_id=665954

Right now the .exe installation package is not yet available but the
ZIP package has all the functionality and is fairly easy to install.
Just unzip, and click on "opengrads" for the classic command line
interface. You can also try:

   merra      - a GUI for accessing MERRA data from NASA's OPeNDAP server
   nomads   - a GUI for accessing NOAA's forecast data from the NOMADS server

This release includes all the OpenGrADS extensions, including gxyat,
re, and fish.

    Let me know of any problems.

         Arlindo

--