GRADS2.0 UDF

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 5 07:10:32 EST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 2:10 AM, Annalisa Cherchi <cherchi at bo.ingv.it> wrote:

> Dear all,
> we install grads2.0.a4 and we realized that "User Defined Functions"
> have been disabled in that version of grads.
> Is there any other possibility then to use functions like regrid2 in
> that version?

If you do not need all of the functionality the regrid2() offered then the
linterp() function built in GrADS v2.0 should work for you.
However, function re() which has pretty much all the functionality of
regrid2() is included as an extension in the OpenGrADS Bundle for
v2.0.a5-oga-2 available from sf.net:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=161773&package_id=305032&release_id=662661

Documentation for re() is here:

               http://opengrads.org/doc/udxt/re/

BTW, re() is also available in the OpenGrADS builds for v2.0.a4, including
Windows. Re() was contributed by B.-J. Tsuang who re-wrote Mike Fiorino's
Fortran implementation of regrid2() in C.

     Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu