transparency in printim

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Wed Mar 4 08:56:50 EST 2009

Hi, Bernd --
I do not have an answer for this problem. I created images with a
transparent color that many applications including Photoshop, Preview,
Safari, and Firefox all treat properly, but Google Earth ... does not
get it right. I have also created images that Google Earth does get
right (the transparent color is indeed transparent and the background
shows through), but I have not been able to figure out what the key
difference is between these images. My GrADS scripts are essentially
the same and so is the KML. After spending a frustrating afternoon
figuring out these things, I stopped playing with Google Earth and
went back to work on something else.
--Jennifer

--
Jennifer M. Adams