Line Graph

Matei Georgescu mateig at STANFORD.EDU
Tue Jun 23 14:15:33 EDT 2009

Greetings,

I've got what should be a simple question for the experts out there.

First, I'm using:

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.9b4
Config: v1.9b4 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf hdf-sds netcdf

Second, i'd like to construct a simple line graph (this should be
straightforward in Excel, but i'd like to stick w/Grads) consisting of 3
points per line (3 lines in all).

The y-axis will designate a climate petric (eg precip accumulation) and
x-axis should designate some biophysical parameter (and i need to have
control on the range of both) related to the way in which i forced my
model. I'll draw a little cartoon to illustrate:

y-axis

    | *point1
    |        *point2
    |

    |            *point3
    |_____________________
                          x-axis

this should be relatively straightforward to do and i'm hoping somebody
has got something handy. i'd like to also connect the points, if
possibl;e, and then repeat for another trio of distinct points.

thanks much for any suggestions,
matt

-----
Matei ("Matt") Georgescu
Post-doctoral Fellow
Program on Food Security and the Environment
Stanford University
Y2E2 Bldg - MC4205
473 Via Ortega
Stanford, CA 94305