How to plot station data

Esther Romero Olivares eromeroo at INM.ES
Fri Jun 19 07:38:25 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am trying to display station data in grads aswell, but I don't know
what I am doing wrong.

I am trying to create the binary file with fortran (the code is the
GRADS user's guide) and then run the station map utility.

This utility tells me the following error:

  Name of binary data set: salida.bin
  Number of times in the data set: 2
  Number of surface variables: 1
  Number of level dependent variables: 0

Starting scan of station data binary file.
Binary data file open: salida.bin
Processing time = 1
     Time = 1 has stn count = 0
Processing time = 2
  Invalid station hdr found in station binary file
  Possible causes:  Invalid level count in hdr
                    Descriptor file mismatch
                    File not station data
                    Invalid relative time
    levs = 825241625  flag = 608322102  time = 5.60519e-45

Can anyone help me to understand what is my error about? Is it better to
do it with C code?

Thank you very much.