NAM reanalysis data

Krishnaraj Santhanam ksanthanam at PRECISIONWIND.COM
Wed Jun 17 12:53:28 EDT 2009

Dear Glenn,
Thanks very much for your response. I am glad some one from NCDC saw my
mail.
I have few other questions regarding the data set.
1) Is NAM-ANL the reanalysis data.
2)If it is then I thought they have for four time slices (cycles) a day
(0,6,12 and 18 Z), but here while I am downloading from the web I was
asked to check one of the three forecast hours (0,3,6).
3)I am looking for reanalysis data not sure what forecast hours mean.
4) Are all these data is grib or grib2 format. (It looks like grib
format but still making sure)
5) Are these data rotated for u,v wind component.
I really appreciate your time and help with ths.
Thanks again,
Krishna