in search of GrADS readable format of high resolution ECMWF-YOTC grib files

S.De sde at TROPMET.RES.IN
Fri Jun 12 07:50:03 EDT 2009

GrADS User's Group/ Dr. Waliser,

I have downloaded 6-hourly high resolution forecast and analyzed
data of horizontal wind field from the yotc data server
(http://data-portal.ecmwf.int/data/d/yotc/class=od/levtype=pl/type=fc/ and
http://data-portal.ecmwf.int/data/d/yotc/class=od/levtype=pl/type=an/). All the files
are in ecmwf grib format. To decode the files first I have downloaded the latest WGRIB
(version 1.8). This wgrib can decode the surface parameters of yotc data but not able
to decode the ECMWF spectral files. It is written in wgrib that the spectral to grib
format code is copyrighted. Then I have tried for ECMWF own decoder code GRIB_API. I
installed it in LINUX but I am not getting the utility. Can anybody help of how to get
a command or set of commands to convert the high resolution yotc data to GrADS
readable files.
    Thanks in advance,
Saumyendu De
Saumyendu De
Theoretical Studies Division
Indian Institute of tropical meteorology
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road; NCL-Post,
Pashan, Pune-411 008; India
e-mail:  sde at tropmet.res.in
         saumyendu.de at gmail.com