NEW RELEASE! GrADS 2.0.a6

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Thu Jun 11 08:56:16 EDT 2009

Thank you for pointing out this problem. Putting GrADS 2.0.a6 behind
GDS does require a 1-line fix (adding "set undef file 1") to one of
the GDS scripts that creates file subsets. I have patched the
monsoondata.org GDS, and added the following message to the GDS home
page:

Important Note for GDS Administrators (June 2009): The recent release
of GrADS (version 2.0.a6) implemented some necessary changes related
to the handling of undefined values. These changes can affect the GDS.
If you are administering a GDS version 2.0 with GrADS 2.0.a6 behind
it, then a 1-line patch is needed for the file $GDSHOME/scripts/
subset.gs. The patched version is http://iges.org/grads/gds/patched_subset.gs
. Updating the subset.gs script does not require a reinstallation or
even a reload of your GDS.

--Jennifer