how to make a average in two data files

Sajjad Saeed sajjad_met at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 10 13:09:17 EDT 2009

Hi,

You can do it by many ways, combine the two file using

cat file1 file 2 outputfile

than open output file and use

ave(var,t=1,t=n)

or
open file 1

define a=ave(var,t=1,t=n)
close 1
open second file
define b=ave(var,t=1,t=n)

define c=(a+b)/2

draw  c

hope this will help you.

Sajjad

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 22:28:05 +0800
From: sh.maeam at GMAIL.COM
Subject: how to make a average in two data files
To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

Dear All,

I have two output data files, one is "March" output data, another is "April" output, I want to make a average of "t" ( temperature) during Mar and Apr, I just can open one output data at a time, please tell me how to do that.

When do a average , there are two method that I know, one is use " sum(t,t=1, t=N)",  another is " do while", Is there any difference? Are they the same?

Thank you.
--

Shenghui                  Student
Major:                         Physics