McGraG - New GUI for GrADS developed at CMCC

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 8 13:40:25 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 4:45 AM, Sandro Raolil <alessandro.raolil at cmcc.it>wrote:

> Dear GrADS Users,
>
> I am happy to inform you that McGraG is ready!
>
> McGraG is the new GUI, based on GrADS 2.0, developed by CMCC to provide a
> more powerful and user-friendly access to GrADS functionalities.
>
> You can see more details here:
>
> http://www.cmcc.it/news/mcgrag-mac-grads-gui-the-new-software-for-mac-osx

Congratulations, it looks very nice. I have a couple of questions:

1) Is this Mac OS specific? In which language is it written in?

2) Have you altered the grads sources? Or does it simply drive GrADS with a
command pipeline (say, with the -u switch)?

3) Is  McGraG opensource? What are the license terms?

4) Which grads version is your current release based on? Is it opendap
enabled?

   Cheers!

       Arlindo

--