pygrads installation problem

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 4 19:19:12 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 3:57 AM, John_Bacon <john.bacon at worstead.co.uk>wrote:

>  Hi all
>
> I'm trying to install pygrads-1.1.2 to use with grads-2.0.a6 running under
> OpenSUSE11.

While you can run pygrads with COLA's releases, it will have limited
functionality. For example. you cannot import data back into grads.

> I used the default installation (to
> /usr/local/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/grads).
>
> When I try to run pygrads I get the error " /bin/sh: gradsc: command not
> found"

Try explicitly specifying the patch of your grads binary:

pygrads -x /path/to/my/grads

> Ipygrads also fails to load.
>
> I've added the pygrads location to $PYTHONPATH in .bashrc and the script
> writes that it is using the existing  pygrads rc file  (under my home
> directory).
>
> I'm missing something and would appreciate any help to find the problem.

See above.

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu