how to midify cbar

Eric Altshuler ela at COLA.IGES.ORG
Wed Jun 3 21:40:43 EDT 2009

Dear Shenghui,

You don't need to change cbar.gs. There are a few different ways to make the plots have the same contour interval and range, here is one way that should work.

Before your 'display' command, do the following:

'set cmin 286'
'set cmax 306'
'set cint 2'

You need to do this for both plots, because displaying anything (or issuing a 'clear' command) will reset cmin, cmax and cint to default values.

Best regards,

Eric L. Altshuler
Assistant Research Scientist
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
4041 Powder Mill Road, Suite 302
Calverton, MD 20705-3106
USA

E-mail: ela at cola.iges.org
Phone: (301) 902-1257
Fax: (301) 595-9793

----- Original Message -----
From: "sh zhou" <sh.maeam at GMAIL.COM>
To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 4:07:35 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: how to midify cbar

Dear All,

In attachment there are two shaded contour plots, I want to compare them,
but the color bar, at the bottom of each plot, not the same. In a plot the
color bar's mark range from "288" to "306", the another one is range from
"286"to "296", I tried to modify "cbar.gs", but it is too difficult to me,
can you tell me how to set the range to be the same?

   Thank you.

Sincerely.
--

Shenghui                      Student
Major:                           Physics