station map

sh zhou sh.maeam at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 1 08:49:19 EDT 2009

Dear All,

I want to draw a station map,  firstly, I created a binary file, and wrote a
"ctl" file as following:
###
dset st_data.dat
title station data
dtype station
stnmap station_data.map
undef -999.9
tdef 1 linear 24May2008 7dy
vars 1
rain 0 99 rain data
endvars
###
but the picture's background is the whole world( there is a picture in
attachment), and stations values displayed in a small area,  when I added
"xdef,yedf,zdef" like this:

###
undef -999.9
xdef 100 linear 100.0 0.05
ydef 100 linear 20.0 0.01
zdef 1 linear 1000.0
tdef 1 linear 24May2008 7dy
###
however, the background didn't change, Does "xdef" and "ydef"'s range  set
by default as following?
###
ga-> open station.ctl
Scanning description file:  station.ctl
Data file st_data.dat is open as file 1
LON set to 0 360
LAT set to -90 90
LEV set to 500 500
Time values set: 2008:5:24:0 2008:5:24:0
ga-> q file
###

Secondly, I created a background grid file, and I used it to display station
values, but I got a error when used command " oacres", the following steps
is what I did.

###
ga-> open grid.ctl
Scanning description file:  grid.ctl
Data file grid.dat is open as file 1
LON set to 99 106.45
LAT set to 19 20.49
LEV set to 1000 1000
Time values set: 2008:5:24:0 2008:5:24:0
ga-> open station.ctl
Scanning description file:  station.ctl
Data file st_data.dat is open as file 2
ga-> define qq=oacres(r,rain.2)
Warning from OACRES:  Less than two stations
    Grid will be all missing values
Define memory allocation size = 90000 bytes
ga-> d qq
Cannot contour grid - all undefined values
###
according to the error message:"Warning from OACRES:  Less than two stations"
, and it occupied so much memory  , it seems there are some mistakes in the
first step, am I right? if yes, could you tell me what should I do ? and is
there any problem in my  steps?

Thank you.

Sincerely.

--