Station Data Timing Issue

James Reagan jimbo32886 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 8 10:47:45 EDT 2009

I have converted a  bunch of historical ocean observations into station
data, however when I read them into Grads the timing is all messed up.  I
understand no time indicators are sent in the binary.dat file, but I just
can not figure out this problem.  The ocean data I am dealing with is over a
hundred years old, so there are a lot of missing days/months/years of data.
If I try to do it yearly, it will print out over 300 time steps even though
the data is only 100 years old.  Anyone that knows how to counter this
problem please respond.  Thanks in advance.
-Jim