using regrid

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 1 14:58:30 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Charles Seman <Charles.Seman at noaa.gov>wrote:

> Gisele,
>
> I'm not familiar with this dataset... perhaps you could ask some of your
> local colleagues for advice on this issue?

Regardless of the "observational resolution" that went into the anaysis,
 the analyzed gridded fields cannot resolve features that are finer than the
~50km size of the gridbox. Therefore, remapping your hi res model to the
analysis grid for validation makes more sense.  For this remapping you could
use the box average method provided by the re() extension:

      http://opengrads.org/doc/udxt/re/

You will need binaries from http://opengrads.org for using the re()
extension. The latest v2.0.a5.oga.5, for example.

    Arlindo

dasilva at alum.mit.edu