Error in creating station data using FORTRAN

See Hai Ooi axl419 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jan 30 09:28:10 EST 2009

Hi,

     I used Digital Visual FORTRAN (window version) to write a station data set in GrADS format.  On using the stnmap utility from GrADS v1.9.-rc1 (window) to create the station map file, the following error appeared:-

D:\StnPlot>stnmap -i aug2003.ctl  [under DOS command]

  Name of binary data set: d:/stnplot/aug2003.dat
  Number of times in the data set: 1
  Number of surface variables: 4
  Number of level dependent variables: 0

Starting scan of station data binary file.
Binary data file open: d:/stnplot/aug2003.dat
Processing time = 1
  Invalid station hdr found in station binary file
  Possible causes:  Invalid level count in hdr
                    Descriptor file mismatch
                    File not station data
                    Invalid relative time
    levs = 0  flag = 1  time = 166.98

     I can't detect my mistakes.  Please help.

     Thank you.

OOI See-hai

      Get your new Email address!