grads script function return values and more

Henrique Barbosa hmjbarbosa at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 23 09:43:06 EST 2009

Dear all,

Some grads' intrinsic functions have return values with are longer
than a single line of text.
For example, when we do 'q dims' inside a gs script a variable called
result is defined
and we can read lines and words from it using sublin() and subwrd().

The question is: is it possible to do that with a grads script function?
I another words: is it possible to define a string variable which contains more
than one line of text? how? If so, can we give it as a function return value?

Second question:

When I call a script function grads will look for a file named like it in all
directories defined in the system variable $GASCRP and then executes
that script.... While the script function is being executed, is there anyway
to know the full file name of the script?
In KSH, for example, one can access the script name with $0

Thanks,
Henrique