How to remove the boxes in the contour labels????

Ryo Furue furue at HAWAII.EDU
Fri Jan 16 19:33:51 EST 2009

Hi Mald,

| I have a plot where contour plot is superimposed on a shaded
| plot. There is a box coming with the contour label. However,
| I want the box to be removed and keep the label only. How do I
| achieve this?...

I'm reasonably sure that this is not what you want :-)
but here we go:

 $ egrep -v '^c0 g0 [0-9]+ [0-9]+ [0-9]+ [0-9]+ B' plot.eps > out.eps

where "$" is the shell prompt and "plot.eps" is a PostScript
file generated by gxeps from a GrADS output.

If you do this, you can see that contour lines and labels overlap
(because the boxes are gone) and the result isn't pretty.

I suppose that a more proper solution is to wait for a future
version of GrADS (see Jennifer's message) where the contour labels
will be replaced by a gap in the contour line.

Cheers,
Ryo