How to remove the boxes in the contour labels????

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Fri Jan 16 13:25:58 EST 2009

You can't do what you are asking for with the current version of
GrADS, but Brian is working on an overhaul of the contour labeling for
a future release (I don't know when it will be available). The code is
nearly ready but the user interface for controlling the options hasn't
been finalized. The filled rectangles behind the contour labels will
be replaced by a gap in the contour line.

In the meanwhile, you can use 'set background' to control the color of
the filled rectangle behind the contour labels. Although the boxes
often straddle both sides of a contour line, you may be able to
diminish their visual impact by drawing each contour separately,
specifying the background colors that you used in your shaded plot.

Jennifer

--
Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA