How to remove the boxes in the contour labels????

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 16 12:25:41 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 4:03 PM, Mald MM5 <maldmm5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there anybody,
> I have a plot where contour plot is superimposed on a shaded plot. There is
> a box coming with the contour label. However, I want the box to be removed
> and keep the label only. How do I achieve this?...

Short of changing the source code, I don't think there is another way of
accomplishing it.  Why would you want to do this?  When writing gxyat I had
a bug at one point that caused those rectangles containing the labels not to
be filled. I can tell you that Brian had a good reason for doing this: it
does not look pretty, and worse, it can make the labels very difficult to
read when it intersects a continent boundary.

  Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu