scripting question about 'define' and 'set defval'

Annes Hassankunju AHassankunju at FLAGSTONERE.BM
Thu Jan 8 10:55:10 EST 2009

signoff gradsusr

Where did the variable 'ht' come from?  Did you previously define it as
your field variable?  Stephen Mc

Pablo Romero <romero619 at HOTMAIL.COM>
Sent by: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

01/08/2009 09:33 AM

Please respond to
GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

cc

Subject

Re: scripting question about 'define' and 'set defval'

Stephen,
I tried that initially, but it didnt work.
I even tried say newvar and to see if it recognized newvar but it just
echoed "newvar" at the prompt.
can you/anyone else test and confirm this?
here are the exact lines from the script Im using...

'define newvar=aave(myvar,x='x1',x='x2',y='y1',y='y2')'
'set defval ht 'i' 'j' 'newvar
*  'q define'
* tmpvar=sublin(result,2)
* tmpvar=subwrd(tmpvar,2)
* 'set defval myvar 'i' 'j' 'tmpvar

again, the above didnt work, 'set defval' throws an error because
'newvar' is empty/undefined.
P.Romero