eof

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 7 17:59:08 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 2:03 PM, sajjad saeed <sajjad_met at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to calculate EOFs using Grads?
> If yes! I will appreciate if any body have any script to calculate the eofs
> and share it?

If you are willing to use Python, PyGrADS provides a function to compute
EOFs. You can find an example at the wiki:

http://opengrads.org/wiki/index.php?title=PyGrADS_Interactive_Shell#Computing_EOFs

PyGrADS works with both GrADS v1.9-rc1 and partially with GrADS v2.0.a4.
 The main restriction of PyGrADS with GrADS v2 is that you cannot import
data directly back into GrADS, but you can export data and compute EOFs, and
either do your plots right in python or write the data to a file and read it
back into GrADS.

     Arlindo

Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu