2nd try : Nearest defined neighbor function

Patrick Reuter preuter at LABRI.FR
Wed Jan 7 03:55:51 EST 2009

Dear Stephen and Pablo,

that is exactly what I was looking for, thank you. I discovered defval
and it does the job. I assume that now I have to loop through the XY
grid values, and "defval" the undefined values manually for each grid
point -- until somebody knows how to make a UDF out of it.

Happy new year
    Patrick