2nd try : Nearest defined neighbor function

Patrick Reuter preuter at LABRI.FR
Tue Jan 6 08:39:09 EST 2009

Sorry for multiples, message was somehow rejected ..

Dear all,

I have a variable which is only defined over the sea, elsewhere there
are undefined values. Is there a function in Grads that can draw me a
map where at locations of undefined values, instead of leaving it
blank, draws me the value of the nearest defined value of the
8-neighborhood ? I know about the existence of 'smth9', but it does
not exactly what I want, since it smoothes out, and 'const', since you
have to specify a default value which I don't know since it should to
be determined from the nearest neighbor !

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance

   Patrick