netcdf in grads-2.0a4

Hai-Ru Chang hrc at EAS.GATECH.EDU
Mon Jan 5 15:06:57 EST 2009

Hello,
            I tried to compile grads-2.0a4 on my opteron server
running Suse 10.3.  But the configure refused to include netcdf
support with following messages:

Checking in system locations for libraries to support netcdf ...
checking for udunits.h... (cached) yes
checking for utInit in -ludunits... (cached) yes
checking for nc_open in -lnetcdf... no
checking for netcdf.h with compiler... yes
checking for netcdf.h with preprocessor... yes
checking for netcdf 3 interface... yes
- netcdf disabled

As you can see the program can find netcdf lib.  But it can't find
'nc_open'.   I use gcc to compile grads but my netcdf was compile
with icc.  Will this cause problem?  How can I fix it?  I need netcdf
compiled by icc for other applications.

Dr. Hai-Ru Chang
School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0340