freebsd-7.0 build

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 28 09:20:57 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Valerio Guerra <meteo at sport123.it> wrote:
> Arlindo da Silva wrote:
>> Jose/Valerio: Could you both send me the output of:
>> % ldd grads
>
> Hi Arlindo,
>
> the following is the output of ldd grads issued both in 'Contents' dir and in 'Classic' dir.
> Hope it could be useful.

Thank you for sending me the ldd outtput. Unfortunately, it was not
too conclusive. A couple of points,

1) If this is indeed a termcap/ncurses issue then it should go away if
you start GrADS with command line editing off:

  % ./grads -E

  This is fine for off-line, batch work, but command-line editing is
essential for productive interactive work.

2) Did you experience similar problems in Jose's previous build for
FreeBSD 7 for amd64?

3) Now, if removing readline as in 1) works and the answer to 2) was
no (no such problem in the previous build), then the solution would be
to rebuld readline in the supplibs-2.1.0 the very same way it was
built in supplibs-2.0.1: without ncurses.

Jose: in the supplibs-2.1.0 build environment

% gmake ncurses.purge readline.purge
% make readline.install

and then rebuilt grads with this revised supplbs-2.1.0.

   I hope it helps.

        Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva