possible to improve Grads for some deficiencies?

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Thu Feb 26 16:22:30 EST 2009

On Feb 26, 2009, at 5:09 AM, slovoed slovoed wrote:

> hi,
>
> I have been using Grads for many years. As I know, there are some
> deficiencies in Grads I can not slove it since I have no knowledge
> about the source code of Grads.
>
> 1. on the last line of script, one "Return" must be added, otherwise
> it fail to run the last line.
>
> 2.  * is used to comment some certain lines in script, but * must be
> placed in the first column, otherwide will report the error. It's
> not useful to let the script nice-looking and easy to read. Does it
> like matlab, * can be placed anywhere for commenting.
>
> The points above might be easily solved by code developer, aren't
> they?

Perhaps, but GrADS development resources are limited, and both
problems are solved much more easily by
1) putting a carriage return at the end of your script
2) putting a ; right before the * in your comment

Jennifer

--
Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA