possible to improve Grads for some deficiencies?

Stephen R McMillan smcmillan at PLANALYTICS.COM
Thu Feb 26 14:48:10 EST 2009

Slovoed,
1.  Do you mean the expression "return" or an end-of-line return (as when
pressing the Enter key)?  If the former, "return" required at end of
function, otherwise you should include a "return" (carriage return) after
last line of script.  However, I am referring to Windows versions--don't
know about others.
2.  The * (or #) is not needed in the first column for commenting.  You
can also place it at the end of a line, for example:

prompt 'What is your name?  '* Last name only
pull myname
prompt 'What is your age?  '# Age in whole years only
pull myage

Stephen

slovoed slovoed <slovoed123 at YAHOO.COM>
Sent by: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
02/26/2009 04:09 AM
Please respond to
GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
cc

Subject
possible to improve Grads for some deficiencies?

hi,

I have been using Grads for many years. As I know, there are some
deficiencies in Grads I can not slove it since I have no knowledge about
the source code of Grads.

1. on the last line of script, one "Return" must be added, otherwise it
fail to run the last line.

2.  * is used to comment some certain lines in script, but * must be
placed in the first column, otherwide will report the error. It's not
useful to let the script nice-looking and easy to read. Does it like
matlab, * can be placed anywhere for commenting.

The points above might be easily solved by code developer, aren't they?

slovoed

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.