Help with NAM model

Walsh, Brian J brian.walsh at AMEC.COM
Thu Feb 19 10:05:20 EST 2009

Hi,

I have an interesting problem with the NAM model (12 km resolution).
When I download the grib files and process them, the values I get for
the categorical precipitation types are rarely 0 or 1 (yes or no).  I'm
just wondering how other people that download and extract data for the
NAM model deal with this issue; I've heard of doing linear
interpolations or only extracting data for a sub-region, but I'm not
sure if either will work.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not an intended recipient you must not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents.
If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete and destroy the message.