gxout vector

Patrick Reuter preuter at LABRI.FR
Tue Feb 17 16:11:19 EST 2009

Dear Grads users!

I am using 'set gxout vector' to draw arrows for vector arrows, with
vector arrows of varying length.

I observed that the end of the vector arrows always start at the grid
points, no matter their length.

Do you think it is possible to attach the center (middle) of *each*
vector arrow to the grid points, instead of the end of the vector
arrows ?

Whenever I have to code in the source code of grads, I would be
willing to do it and recompile. Could somebody tell me in which file
and line this would be (grads 2.0) ? I think I only have to calculate
the magnitude of the vector arrow, divide it by 2, and translate it
into the opposite direction of the vector, and this for each vector
separately.

Or are there any user-defined functions ?

Hope my question is clear. Thanks for any hint/experience !

Best regards
   Patrick