Build GrADS 2.0.a5 on Opensuse 11.1

Burn James j.burn at GEOS.COM
Wed Feb 11 12:17:34 EST 2009

Hi
Sorry my mistake, I was experimenting and posted the wrong logfile. It is
usr/local/grads/supplibs/ that I have setup and that contains ./lib and
./include
That gave ...

Checking in supplibs for libraries to support command line editing ...
checking readline.h usability... yes
checking readline.h presence... yes
checking for readline.h... yes
checking history.h usability... yes
checking history.h presence... yes
checking for history.h... yes

...but also...

Checking in system locations for grib2 libraries ...
checking grib2.h usability... no
checking grib2.h presence... no
checking for grib2.h... no
- grib2 disabled

Checking in supplibs for libraries to support hdf4 ...
checking for zlib.h... (cached) no
checking udunits.h usability... no
checking udunits.h presence... no
checking for udunits.h... no

Checking in system locations for libraries to support hdf ...
checking for udunits.h... (cached) no
- hdf4 disabled

which is odd because I can see the udunits.h and grib2.h files in
/usr/local/lib/grads/supplibs/include

Still puzzled.

Thanks
James

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:29:30 -0500, Jennifer Adams <jma at COLA.IGES.ORG> wrote:

>On Feb 11, 2009, at 11:00 AM, Burn James wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm trying to build Grads 2.0 on a home PC running Opensuse 11.1
>> Linux.
>>
>> I've unpacked the latest source code to home/grads2.0
>> Unpacked the supp files from data.tar into usr/local/lib/grads
>> Unpacked the supplib files from

ftp://grads.iges.org/grads/Supplibs/2.0/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu_supplibs2.0.tar.gz