error when installing the OpenGrADS Bundle

Srikumar Sandeep srikumarsandeep at YAHOO.COM
Mon Dec 28 13:16:49 EST 2009

I had the same problem.
Try using i686 version of OpenGRADS.
It worked for me.

Kumar

--- On Mon, 12/28/09, Azar Zarrin <azarzarrin at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

From: Azar Zarrin <azarzarrin at YAHOO.COM>
Subject: error when installing the OpenGrADS Bundle
To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
Date: Monday, December 28, 2009, 4:41 PM

Hi,

I tried to install the OpenGrADS Bundle (grads-2.0.a7.oga.3-bundle-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) on my local machine. After copying the Contents to my Home directory, setting the path and copying the missing shared libraries, I tried opengrads and I got the following:

Welcome to the OpenGrADS Bundle Distribution

For additional information enter "opengrads -h".

Starting
 "/u/ac/zarrin/opengrads/Linux/Versions/2.0.a7.oga.3/x86_64/grads -HC 1  " ...

The problem is that nothing really happens (no X11 window opens and no error message pops up) and  after a  second,  it returns back to the command prompt with no additional information.

Would you please tell me where I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your time,
Azar