Problem with ctl file

Ricardo Hallak hallak at MODEL.IAG.USP.BR
Wed Dec 9 14:37:37 EST 2009

Hi,

have you run the gribmap utility before opening GrADS?

gribmap -i  first.ctl

I hope it helps.
Ricardo

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 16:31:44 -0400, luis blacutt wrote
> Dear Grads users,
>
> I'm writing a ctl file to open 12 files,
>
> baseline1pmg2jantp.grb
> baseline1pmg2febtp.grb
> and so on
>
> my ctl file is as follows:
>
> dset ^baseline1pmg2%mctp.grb
> index ^baseline1pmg2%mctp.grb.idx
> options template
> undef 9.999E+20
> title Temperature at 1.5 m
> *  produced by LFA 0.3
> dtype grib 255
> options yrev
> ydef 37 linear -23.960000 0.439
> xdef 36 linear -72.240000 0.440000
> tdef 12 linear 00Z01jan1962 1mo
> zdef 1 linear 1 1
> vars 1
> s03236  0 236,105,0  **
> ENDVARS
>
> As for now I'm trying to open only 12 files, with one variable, the error I get is:
>
> Scanning description file:  first.ctl
> Open Error:  Can't open Station/Index map file baseline1pmg2%mctp.grb.idx
>   The data file was not opened.
>
> What can I do?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Luis

Ricardo Hallak

Department of Atmospheric Sciences (DCA)
Institute of Astronomy, Geophysics and Atmospheric Sciences (IAG)
University of São Paulo (USP)
Rua do Matão, 1226 - Cidade Universitária - São Paulo SP 05508-900
Phone.: +55 (11) 3091-2834
Fax: +55 (11) 3091-4714