rotgrid-grads installation

Dan Lennartson dan.lennartson at DTN.COM
Tue Dec 8 11:52:20 EST 2009

Hi,

I’ve been trying to install rotgrid-grads in order to view HIRLAM data with
GrADS 2.0.
I’m having issues with the rotgrid-grads configure routine seeing the gribex
libraries.
I am running it on RHEL4 and have placed the libraries
in /lib; /usr/lib; /usr/local/lib; and the working directory of the install and none
of those locations work.

output:

rotgrid-grads-1.0]# ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gfortran... gfortran
checking for Fortran compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the Fortran compiler works... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran compiler... yes
checking whether gfortran accepts -g... yes
checking for Fortran flag to compile .f90 files... none
checking for library containing gribex... no
configure: error: gribex library not found

Has anyone ever encountered this issue?
Thanks much!

Dan Lennartson