Problem in using gv32.exe of the latest GrADS Windows version

Andrew Revering andy at F5DATA.COM
Sun Dec 6 10:06:53 EST 2009

It being corrupted sounds like a good explanation to me. I write windows
software, and whenever I've seen that error it's been because a download has
terminated before the download actually completed and the user tried to run
it.

Check the file size of the working versions vs the ones that throw the
error.

  _____

From: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT [mailto:GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT] On Behalf Of
Arlindo da Silva
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2009 8:02 AM
To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
Subject: Re: Problem in using gv32.exe of the latest GrADS Windows version

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 7:17 AM, eliav schmulewitz <eliavs at gmail.com> wrote:

had the same issue  with the new gv32
there must be some bug

This is very weird. The gv32.exe bundled with opengrads v2.0.a5.oga.3 is
supposed to be a copy of what was shipped in v1.9. I do not even have the
sources for it. The file must have been corrupted somehow... I'll look into
it next time I log on to Windows. In the meantime, use this version from
COLA:

         ftp://grads.iges.org/grads/gv/

   Arlindo

eliav